Monday, November 11, 2013

Argumentative Essay

I am writing this essay to disagree with your opinion sir Johan Bennett. Persepolis buy Marjane Satrapi is a great graphic novel. I don't see why this book should be banned from school grounds. 
I could see why you think it should be. It contains crass language, graphic violence, torture,sexual content,lewd humor,and an instance of suicide. I truly believe that every 10th grade student should read this book. We live in a generation were mostly everyone knows this domestic violence. This book shows the reader that it's possible for anyone to achieve there goal. You just have to go and get it. Persepolis talks about freedom in America but in Iran freedom isn't even a word. Believe it or not everyone has a dark side in them. This generation is so outrageous that young children know all about the sexual life. Once you enter high school you are considered a young adult right ? Therefore I believe that we are mature enough to just read a book. Persepolis is a good book! It truly dose make you see thing different. Such like how you should be thankful you are living in America and not anywhere else! 
I want to conclude that Persepolis is a award winning novel. I believe that English teachers should teach more about this book. 
Also that Persepolis should not be eliminated form the schools libraries. I would like to restate Persepolis is a good book! To continue with Persepolis in our libraries. 

     Sincerely,
      Martin Melena

No comments:

Post a Comment